Driving down the highway of life..sometimes there are curves, sometimes its a straightaway. Most times I am thinking...where's the exit?!?

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The tragedy of loss

Life is an odd thing...I mean I know that this is obvious, you take what is thrown at you...

The last few weeks have been strange, ones that I wouldn't want to go through again. An acquaintance of ours committed suicide, leaving a wife and two small children. My husband is very close to his father. It has been tragic! What gets you to that point when you feel like there is no hope? That the love you have for your family isn't enough? I can't imagine. It's sad...

It does make one ponder,,,life is precious. To watch others suffer because they can't even grasp what it was to make this man take his life is beyond tragic. It is horrible. To watch our friend sob at the funeral, trying to say how much he loved his son, his first born, was heart wrenching.

I hope to never have to see that again.

Tragic, dead at 37.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be sure to keep not only the family, but yours as well in my prayers!