Driving down the highway of life..sometimes there are curves, sometimes its a straightaway. Most times I am thinking...where's the exit?!?

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

A getaway...



This weekend David and I are celebrating. It is nothing special other than our first night away together in five years. It has become a bit of a joke at our house...the dogs and Javad often sleep in the bed and David moves to the couch where he has more room. So, this mini-vacation, we are leaving the dogs and kids at home and going to spend some quality time together.

I have made a reservation at the Columbia Gorge Hotel. I went there for breakfast once in high school. The breakfasts are amazing! They're about 7 courses. I guess dieting is out for this weekend. Mostly, I hope that for one night away, we can have a good time. Sometimes being alone without all the things that push us from our lives is license to argue. I am taking a stand...for us.

Over the last few years we have had very little time together. We need to make time for each other. This was a bold move. It will be a spendy one (okay, since I didn't make the reservation until today, I guess that was my fault.) but I believe totally worth it!

I am lugging my polar bear body to go and spend some quality time with my husband. Hmmm...now what will we talk about?

2 comments:

Ann said...

Have a great time re-connecting with your husband. I completely understand where you are coming from. I'm sure you will talk about what life was like before Javad, what it's been like since Javad and how you wouldn't change a thing! Enjoy -- you so deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time!!!