Driving down the highway of life..sometimes there are curves, sometimes its a straightaway. Most times I am thinking...where's the exit?!?

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The getaway

Here is a picture of the Columbia Gorge Hotel, the place where David and I had our little getaway. I am sure that many who read this were giggling under their breath, imagining some tryst. In actuality what occurs was rather humerous. We arrived at about 7pm (after I had been at the lacrosse JV Jamboree) and made arrangements to have dinner at 8pm. (Which is pretty late, but we decided to check in and get ready.) At 8 we ambled downstairs to get ready for dinner. We got chocolate martini's and then got seated. We both had the pear salad as a starter, then David got the Filet Mignon while I got the swordfish. It was great, but I was so tired by the end of the meal, I was falling asleep at the table!

We went upstairs to find chocolate covered strawberries and rose petals on the bed. It was lovely, but truth be told, I was exhausted! David and I laid down at 10:00 pm and fell into a blissful sleep until late this morning. I slept great and so did he. For 18 hours we had no responsibilities except to eat and sleep!

This morning (at 10:30) we went downstairs to get ready for the "Traditional Farm Breakfast" which took us an hour and a half to eat. David had the trout and I gave him my salmon. It was a carb filled breakfast, but was really yummy! We checked out at noon, came home, and back into our real life! Kids, issues, and the daily grind!

Fortunately, I slept some more today! Now to go to sleep now!

Goodnight!

No comments: