Driving down the highway of life..sometimes there are curves, sometimes its a straightaway. Most times I am thinking...where's the exit?!?

Thursday, March 8, 2007

It's a smackdown!


Okay, lest you get confused, I am really not the WWE type of girl, but rather one who had a little smackdown today. I know that I have talked to you about lacrosse and the trials and tribulations of it. It's almost like the good, the bad, and the ugly. So here they are:

The Good: Practice is going well, many of the girls are committed to improving their skills, my assistant coach, Cassie, rocks! Overall, there is not a lot of girl drama and I don't feel like I am battling whatever boy is walking by the field. So, that's the good. Now for

The Bad: Okay, the bad is that some are still not cradling well, we are still not really ready to play on Saturday (and our first game on Tuesday!), I don't know where the goalie equipment is.


The Ugly: Some of the players have come feeling like they are entitled to be on the JV 1 team, others have been "trash talking" the skills training, some are constantly late or not showing up at all on a regular basis. Since this is true, some players have been placed on a conditional basis.

So today, I revealed the teams and who was on conditionally. I then told them that they should talk to me individually as to why they were on conditionally and what they could do to receive a permanent place on the team.

I felt a little vindicated because of the negative attitudes that some have been displaying!

Yes, folks, we had a bit of a smackdown today!

No comments: