Driving down the highway of life..sometimes there are curves, sometimes its a straightaway. Most times I am thinking...where's the exit?!?

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Javad


Today was one of those days when life was "almost normal." Javad was (almost, sort of) just like any other five year old. I went and met a friend for coffee and came home to take over care of Javad from David. I packed Javad up and we went to run errands. We went to Costco (where he sat in the cart, looking around like the big man he is), dropped Stesha off to get a ride out to Newberg, went to Fred Meyer, then to my parents. Javad was so cute, riding in the back seat, smiling out the window. I guess the big clue that he isn't the average five year old boy would have been the ventilator attached to the back of the passenger seat which he was wearing the whole car ride. Aaahhh. That sounds sadly normal to me! Two years ago, he would not been able to handle that long of a day in the car, so we really have moved very far down the road.
I look forward to the next years and seeing where we might go.

No comments: