Driving down the highway of life..sometimes there are curves, sometimes its a straightaway. Most times I am thinking...where's the exit?!?

Monday, March 5, 2007

Let the Sunshine in!



I am one of those people that you might hear about. The ones that crawl into themselves in the winter, pressing their bodies up to the window to feel the warmth of the winter sun. The ones that turn into a sullen and painful person without the light of the sun.

I often wonder why I feel this way. I am tired, cranky, and generally feel "heavy" during the winter months. Today was a vision of what is coming...warm (almost 70) and sunny. It felt great to stand outside where the weather was beautiful, but still had the crispness of the winter. I love the feel of the winter air, but not the coldnes of it!

I have turned into something of a polar bear. I have the extra weight for warmth on my body. I am not happy with it. Sometime ago I had hoped for a fitter body, one that would magically appear. I realize that in order to have the body that I strive to have, I might actually have to do something to get it.

I have made a decision. I am getting in shape. Time to shed the winter off of me and move into spring. My friend, Cathlin, and I are getting ready to train. We need to train so that we can begin training for the Portland Marathon. We also plan on doing the Three Day Walk for Breast Cancer. It is time, time to make a difference, time to take a stand.

I need to get off it. That way I can get on it!

Time to move! Time to catch the sun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are going to be sooo fit!!!! No polar bears swims for us!! (we can swim first thing, we just won't LOOK like polar bears!!) I've been walking...(except this morning, oops...but there's always this afternoon!!) Go US!!-Sea Cay