Driving down the highway of life..sometimes there are curves, sometimes its a straightaway. Most times I am thinking...where's the exit?!?

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Ahh! The things I have learned!


So, I have discovered how to put a picture on my blog. I realize that you might think that I am a geek, but really, I am kinda computer illiterate. I was really excited that I put a picture on last nights blog without the help of Stesha. It was late...I didn't want to wake her.

So, how does this impact you, the reader? Well, you might have to view some picture or photo on every blog until the novelty wears off! :)

So, what is today's rant about? Hmmm...I guess I will have to think.

Okay, here goes.

Today was another banner day at school. After school (see, nothing really exciting happened at school, just a small nap during my prep, coffee that took forever at lunch, more homework turned in....who knew?) I had my first National Honor Society meeting. Okay, I guess that I am jumping ahead.

Last year I approached my principal with the idea of having a chapter of National Honor Society chapter at my school. I really felt that it was important to honor students who are working at striving forward academically. In the past, many of the students at our school have been treated as second class citizens. I have been at my job for seven years and feel committed (when I don't feel I should be committed) that my students be given opportunities to do more with their lives that be satisfied with the mediocre.

So anyway, I felt that having a NHS chapter helps lend that to our school. So, today we had our first meeting.

It was great! At this time we only have six members (all girls) and they will help formulate what the chapter will look like for all eternity (a bit dramatic, I know!). So, we met, we planned, and we'll meet again next week!

I am not really sure where I was going with this.... On to another topic....

Let's see....How about WHAT I HAVE LEARNED...

1. I have learned that eating too much chocolate (although yummy) will make your stomach upset.
2. I have learned that good friends are invaluable!
3. I have learned that reading a good book is awesome and much needed sanity!
4. I have learned that writing this blog has been an awesome outlet!
5. I have learned that although I know things, I really don't know enough!

What have you learned? Leave me a note...let me know you've some by, or just do a read-by...come in, read, and leave...your choice!

No comments: