Driving down the highway of life..sometimes there are curves, sometimes its a straightaway. Most times I am thinking...where's the exit?!?

Monday, February 19, 2007

Lacrosse


Tomorrow starts another transition in my schedule, the beginning of lacrosse. There are 28 girls playing this year, up from 17 last year. it will be a crazy, exciting, wild, and stressful time. In the course of the lacrosse season, I will also be working on my community project, Javad's Place Buddy Program. Each of these things will be time consuming, but they will also be satisfying.

Lacrosse brings out a new area for me. I feel like I am doing something that is bringing something new to this area. Lacrosse is a growing sport and is HUGE on the Westside, but the Eastside is still growing. I feel that I am helping it grow on this side which is very exciting!

Getting the Buddy Program off the ground is another exciting event. My first vision of this program is expanding in my mind. I am thinking in more global terms and not being narrowed by what I think is not possible, but rather looking at this as possible. I have decided that I would like Javad's Place to host events every month for participants of the Buddy Program. These events would give an opportunity for families to meet together and meet each other. I am realizing that I am only limited by what I think is possible and as I am learning, anything is possible.

Keep an open mind, my friends...I may be asking you for information on this one! :)

No comments: