Driving down the highway of life..sometimes there are curves, sometimes its a straightaway. Most times I am thinking...where's the exit?!?

Friday, February 9, 2007

Dance the Night Away


Remember school dances in high school? Sweaty bodies grinding in the dark. Ahhh, can you hear "Memories" playing in the background?

Tonight we had a dance at our school. Our dances are small (maybe 55 kids attended out of the 190 who attend our school) but are a lot of fun for the kids that do come! So, close your eyes and imagine the following...

Fifty sweaty bodies, 80's music (with a few thrasher rocks songs peppered in), bumping and grinding, break dancing (which was fabulous...who knew?).

Sometimes when we have these events, I am reminded at what a melting pot our school is. We have students that, if they didn't go to our school together, would never even look at each other. Now I realize that you may be thinking, Duh? Isn't that true for every school? Well, our school is small so it forces kids who would never talk to each other at a larger school, to interact with each other. It is really neat.

On another note, remember when I was talking about how (suddenly) my students are turning in monumental amounts of work? Well, that hasn't changed. Yes, the work churning is still there! Who knew? I may have opened that Pandora's Box on this one, but I am happy to say, they are happy. Since they are happy, I, too, am happy!

On to the weekend...

No comments: