Driving down the highway of life..sometimes there are curves, sometimes its a straightaway. Most times I am thinking...where's the exit?!?

Saturday, February 17, 2007

What exactly does transformation look like?


Transformation is one of those things that you hear about within the context of many things.

I believe that I am in the process of transformation. I am transforming right before my own eyes. Taking Landmark classes has been instrumental to this transofrmation. I look at the person that I was a year ago compared to who I am today. I believe that the person I am now is dramatically different. Maybe people can't really see it on the outside, but I feel it on the inside. I am being a person anew.

I want to continue to grow into this new person. I want to make a contribution to the world. I want the possibility of power to pour out from me and into others.

I am beginning my community project for my Self Expression and Leadership Program. I am so excited. I am creating a manual for The Buddy Program, a program being implemented through Javad's Place. I want to give an opportunity for all children to have friendships and social interactions similar to those of their peers. Once the manual is complete, I am going to get approval for The Buddy Program to be implemented in one elementary school. Once I get it off the ground, I am looking for more schools for implementation. I am excited for the possibilities!

The timeline for my project is to be completed by May 31. It seems like a big project to be fulfilled in a short time, but I am creating the possibility of completion. I am also creting the possibility of acceptance by those that I present this project to and finally, I create the possibility of power for those involved.

Transformation isn't just something that happens, it is something that we are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have seen a transformation over the past year in you and I love it. You have always been a strong woman, but now you are able to express yourself better and it shows in your confidence. You are the bestest and I love you.!