Driving down the highway of life..sometimes there are curves, sometimes its a straightaway. Most times I am thinking...where's the exit?!?

Friday, February 23, 2007

A better after!

So, today I feel much better. Yesterday, I was agitated, irritated, and generally feeling like I had swallowed a big ball of angry. The worst thing, is that I didn't know why.


As the day went on, I realized that all the emotional energy that has gone into completing my relationship with my mother had finally come to a head. My friend, Tracy, reminded me that it had been exactly a year, yesterday, that I went to the first Introduction night for Landmark. One year ago yesterday, I made a commitment to working out my relationship with my mother so I could be a better mother for Stesha. One year later, I have competed that journey with my mother. Now I am working on completing that with Stesha as well.


Life throws you curveballs. I am learning that those curveballs don't mean anything, they just are. It is February and Adam goes off to college in August. Stesha is staying, but she is finishing here. Simon is finishing the 8th grade and we are meeting to prepare Javad for kindergarten. Life is in an ebb and flow. I want to have the better after. I am creating that possibility.

No comments: